Contributing to docs

Hi,

I’m not a great coder, but I am a good writer. I thought I might contribute to the docs, but I noticed that the repo on GitHub hasn’t seen a commit on the master branch in 3 years. Has the project been moved elsewhere or is it just dead? If it’s not dead, how do I contribute?

Thanks,
Wes

@wcneill Thanks for coming by! A few things:

1. The mono repo at GitHub - deeplearning4j/deeplearning4j: Suite of tools for deploying and training deep learning models using the JVM. Highlights include model import for keras, tensorflow, and onnx/pytorch, a modular and tiny c++ library for running math code and a java based math library on top of the core c++ library. Also includes samediff: a pytorch/tensorflow like library for running deep learning using automatic differentiation. is the main repo. The repo was migrated a few years ago. The old repo was moved to eclipse.

There used to be a namespace under Eclipse Deeplearning4j · GitHub but it’s completely out of date and not even under the control of the project now. This was unfortunately deliberate on the group owner’s part. They removed links redirecting to eclipse a while ago: Update README.md · deeplearning4j/deeplearning4j@8c5af5e · GitHub
Please disregard anything on that group.

1. Regarding the docs, you can find the repository at: GitHub - KonduitAI/deeplearning4j-gitbook-sync: Two way sync between gitbook and git for deeplearning4j documentation - this reflects the page at: https://deeplearning4j.konduit.ai/ You can submit pull requests to this repository for updates to the documentation. We use gitbook for the website. Pull requests to that branch and merging to that repository will cause the main website to be updated.

JFYI we are about to do a new release and intend on updating the default branch soon. That work happens here:

1.0.0-M1 will be the new version. Please excuse the mess as it’s WIP yet. If you have anything in particular you would like to write about out of interest, we would be happy to take contributions of anything you might find interest in working on. I can also help redirect you to some topics we need help with.

Thanks for volunteering! My advice, if you want to contribute is to start small and ship something quick.

Any way I can help please ping me. Thanks!

1 Like

Yay! That’s awesome!

I’m at work now, so give me a couple days to peruse everything you sent me. I’ll see if I can’t find a way to help out! Thank you!