Cuda error during run the example

Yes, I just not want to install CUDA and then using Redist.

Iā€™m resolved it! Now my example working on GeForce3090!!!

Part of My POM:

org.example
dl4jCuda
1.0-SNAPSHOT

<dependency>
        <groupId>org.deeplearning4j</groupId>
        <artifactId>deeplearning4j-cuda-11.0</artifactId>
        <version>1.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
        <artifactId>deeplearning4j-core</artifactId>
    </dependency>

Also you need build nd4j-cuda-11.0 from sources and add all *jar and dll files to your project!

1 Like

Sounds good, can you share your nd4j-cuda-11.0 build ?

Šžf courseā€¦ jars
DLLs
I used to build Cuda ToolKit 11.1, CuDnn 8, but the file name turned out to be 11.0, I think you need to use CUDA 11.1. Dll files also present inside in jar, but cannot foundsā€¦ I add dlls to root directory of project

1 Like

Can you upload linux version jar?

For CUDA 11.1, please use the snapshots for those binaries:

@saudet Do you mean to use redist version? I use installed version now, so need the non-redist
version of jar.

in snapshots missing file:

Cannot resolve org.nd4j:nd4j-cuda-11.0:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
and
from
https://oss.sonatype.org/service/local/artifact/maven/redirect?r=snapshots&g=org.nd4j&a=nd4j-cuda-11.0&v=1.0.0-SNAPSHOT&e=jar&c=windows-x86_64

404 - Not Found
Path /org/nd4j/nd4j-cuda-11.0/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/nd4j-cuda-11.0-1.0.0-20201117.023522-181-windows-x86_64.jar not found in local storage of repository ā€œSnapshotsā€ [id=snapshots]

and this solution, in the end, does not work

No, youā€™ll need to build from source.

Right, for ND4J itself, youā€™ll need to build from source.

Yes, I canā€¦ libs
part of me POM file

<dependencies>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.nd4j</groupId>
            <artifactId>nd4j-cuda-11.0</artifactId>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <artifactId>deeplearning4j-cuda-11.0</artifactId>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <artifactId>deeplearning4j-core</artifactId>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <artifactId>deeplearning4j-ui</artifactId>
        </dependency>
  </dependencies>

Now I checked! It works! Hurray!)) Interesting, but the same code, the same dataā€¦ on Windows, it works a little faster - one iteration of the epoch on Windows is 25 seconds, on Ubuntu-30 seconds!!
on CPU (I7 10700,Win10) 25 minā€¦ :grin:

Š”Š½ŠøŠ¼Š¾Šŗ эŠŗрŠ°Š½Š° Š¾Ń‚ 2020-11-21 11-01-08|690x388

Thanks.
ā€¦

Thanks Vladimir with your files, it works ok on windows and rtx 3090

@devlop16 JFYI, weā€™ll be working on a release within a few weeks here (pending a bit more polish work) so this shouldnā€™t be an issue after that. Sorry itā€™s taken so long!

1 Like

Hello Vlad, I am facing a serious headache on building from source on windows 10 for CUDA 11.2. I have followed instruction from official page for more than 10 times and most of the commands donā€™t even work: https://deeplearning4j.konduit.ai/getting-started/build-from-source can you help me out with your step by step guide for a successful build?

I am building CUDA 11.2 for NVidia RTX 3060 with -cc 86

@ajmakoni did you try snapshots? https://deeplearning4j.konduit.ai/config/config-snapshots
The new ones published support 11.2 already on windows and linux. If you have any isues, let me know.

Edit: Looking at your input, in the root directory thereā€™s a change-cuda-version.sh you have to use. Look here for a hint: https://github.com/eclipse/deeplearning4j/blob/master/.github/workflows/build-deploy-linux-cuda-11.2.yml#L66

Hi, yes I used change-cuda-version.sh 11.2 it but when build starts it seems to be ignored each time. I also first built libnd4j for CPU only first as instructed then GPU after before maven install

@ajmakoni then maybe just try snapshots. Iā€™m not sure how youā€™re confirming itā€™s ignored, but all that script does is a find and replace in the relevant locations for cuda.

Okay, will try snapshots ASAP and will update you here on results. thank you